2-12. ADDITIVE SYSTEM OPERATING PROCEDURES.
The additive system provides the capability of adding several types of additive solutions to soil during mixing
operations. The following procedures provide instructions for operating and shutting down the additive system.
Descriptions of controls called out in these procedures can be found in Table 2-1, Controls and Indicators.
a. Additive System Operation.
(1) Swing additive boom (1) to front of vehicle.
(2) Connect additive supply hose from remote vehicle to additive pump (2).
(3) Push THROTTLE control lever (3) forward toward PULL position until the required engine speed is
(4) Push spray bar control lever (4) forward to PUMP ON/SPRAY ON position and hold for 5 seconds to
open spray bar (5), then release lever.
(5) Place GROUND SPEED (FPM) meter switch (6) in ON position.
(6) Set pump speed control (7) to position 8.
(8) Place pump speed control switch (8) in SPRAY ON position.