2-13. PARKING BRAKE OPERATION AND ADJUSTMENT.
If the parking brake does not set correctly, the vehicle can roll into personnel and/or equipment and
cause serious injury and damage When the brake lever is pulled up and back, it should feel tight.
a. Brake Operation. This procedure covers setting and releasing the parking brake. In the set position, the
parking brake lever is perpendicular to the vehicle floor and pointing to roof. In the released position, the brake lever
is parallel to the floor and pointing forward.
(1) Pull up and back on brake lever (1) to set brake.
(2) Pull back slightly on brake lever (1) to release brake.
b. Brake Adjustment.
(1) Pull back slightly on brake lever (1) to release brake.
(2) Turn adjusting knob (2) to the right to tighten brake cable tension or to the left to release tension.
(3) Pull up and back on brake lever (1) to set brake and check cable tension. Repeat steps (1) and (2) as
necessary until brake cable tension is correct.
(4) Ensure parking brake is set before leaving vehicle.