2-12. ADDITIVE SYSTEM OPERATING PROCEDURES (CONT).
c. Additive System Shut-down Procedures.
(2) Close supply valve on remote additive supply tank.
(3) Disconnect feed hose from additive supply valve.
(4) Allow additive system pump (1) to continue pumping until only air is coming from spray bar nozzles.
Cleaning compound can cause skin rash and can give off harmful vapors. To avoid injury, use in well-
ventilated area. Wash immediately with soap and water if compound contacts skin or clothes.
(5) Place end of additive feed hose into cleaning solution (item 9, appendix E).
(6) Pump cleaning solution through additive system to flush it out.
(7) Remove additive feed hose from cleaning solution.
(8) Pull spray bar control lever (2) back to PUMP OFF/SPRAY OFF position until spray bar (3) is closed.
(9) Place pump speed control switch in SPRAY OFF position and GROUND SPEED (FPM) meter switch in
(10) Disconnect feed hose from additive system pump (1).