2-10. DRIVING INSTRUCTIONS (CONT).
Engaging 2-speed lever while THROTTLE control lever is out of the IDLE position will cause vehicle to
jump and jerk. Sudden movement of the THROTTLE control lever will also cause vehicle to jump and
jerk. Ensure that seat belt is securely fastened. Jumping and jerking movement of the vehicle can throw
the operator from the vehicle and into its path. Vehicle THROTTLE control lever is very sensitive and
must be moved carefully and gradually.
Never operate the vehicle over 2400 rpm or serious damage may occur.
1800-2000 rpm is the most efficient engine speed range for vehicle operation.
(6) Slowly release brake pedal (3) while gradually pushing THROTTLE control lever (6) forward toward
FULL position until reaching desired speed.
c. Vehicle Stopping Procedures.
(1) Gradually pull THROTTLE control lever (6) to IDLE position and apply brake (3).
(2) Set 2-speed lever (2) in neutral position.
(3) Pull parking brake lever (4) up to locked position.
(4) If vehicle is going to be shut down, continue with following steps:
(a) Lower rotor assembly by pulling lever (1).
(c) Turn ignition key to OFF position.