Engaging rotor assembly while it is in the down position can cause extensive damage to rotor drive
assembly, drive train and engine. Rotor assembly should always be raised above the ground before it
(7) Push rotor control lever (5) to ROTOR ON to engage clutch and start rotor assembly (6).
(8) Push THROTTLE control lever (1) forward toward FULL position until engine speed is 2000 rpm.
To avoid injury during rotor operation, personnel should remain well clear of the rear of the rotor
assembly. When the rotor is being operated at a high velocity, it will throw rocks and materials out from
under the tailboard.
(9) Pull rotor boom control lever (7) back to LOWER ROTOR position until rotor assembly is completely
(10) Adjust THROTTLE control lever (1) to desired mixing speed according to Table 2-3.
(11) Pull tailboard control lever (2) back to LOWER TAILBOARD position until tailboard (3) lowers enough
to slow down engine.
Before starting mixing operation, the operator should make a trial run to ensure mixing speeds and pump
settings are correct.
(13) Evaluate efficiency of vehicle settings.
(15) Readjust mixing speed and tailboard height according to soil conditions.
(16) Continue mixing operation.