4-69. BELT TENSIONER REPLACEMENT.
This task covers:
Tool kit, general mechanics: automotive
TM or Para
Negative battery cables
Drive belt removed.
(1) Remove screw (1) and belt tensioner (2)
from bracket (3).
(2) Remove two screws (4) and bracket (3) from
cylinder head (5).
(3) Inspect belt tensioner (2) bearing. If belt
tensioner rotates freely with no rough spots,
do not replace.
(1) Install bracket (3) on cylinder head (5) with
two screws (4). Tighten screws 216 lb-in
(3) Install belt tensioner (2) on bracket (3) with
screw (1). Tighten screw 32 lb-ft (43 N.m).
Connect negative battery cables
END OF TASK