FUEL INJECTOR TIMING
2. Rotate the crankshaft, manually or with the starting
motor, until the exhaust valves are fully depressed on
the particular cylinder to be timed.
NOTE: If a wrench is used on the
crankshaft bolt at the front of the
engine, do not turn the crankshaft in
a left-hand direction of rotation or
the bolt may be loosened.
3. Place the small end of the injector timing gage in the
hole provided in the top of the injector body with the flat
of the gage toward the injector follower (Fig. 1). Refer
to Table 1 for the correct timing gage.
4. Loosen the injector rocker arm push rod lock nut.
5. Turn the push rod and adjust the injector rocker arm
until the extended part of the gage will just pass over the
top of the injector follower.
6. Hold the push rod and tighten the lock nut. Check
the adjustment and, if necessary, re-adjust the push rod.
7. Time the remaining injectors in the same manner as
Fig. 1 - Timing Fuel Injector
To time an injector properly, the injector follower must
8. If no further engine tune-up is required, install the
be adjusted to a definite height in relation to the injector
valve rocker cover, using a new gasket.
All of the injectors can be timed in firing order sequence
during one full revolution of the crankshaft. Refer to the
General Specifications at the front of the manual for the
N65 (white tag)
engine firing order.
Time Fuel Injector
After the exhaust valve clearance has been adjusted
TABLE 1 - INJECTOR TIMING
Place the governor speed control lever in the idle speed
position. Secure the stop lever in the stop position.