VARIABLE SPEED MECHANICAL GOVERNOR AND
INJECTOR RACK CONTROL ADJUSTMENT
After adjusting the exhaust valves and timing the fuel
injectors, adjust the governor and the injector rack
7. Hook the torsion retracting spring on the special
cover screw and the stop lever (Fig. 2).
Adjust Governor Gap
Position Injector Rack Control Levers
With the engine stopped, adjust the governor gap as
The position of the injector control rack levers must be
correctly set in relation to the governor.
1. Disconnect any linkage attached to the governor
Their position determines the amount of fuel injected
into each cylinder and ensures equal distribution of the
2. Remove the governor cover.
Properly positioned injector rack control levers with the
3. Place the speed control lever (Fig.1) in the maximum
engine at full load will result in the following:
Speed control lever at the maximum speed position.
4. Insert a .006" feeler gage between the spring
plunger and the plunger guide. If required, loosen the
Stop lever in the RUN position.
lock nut and turn the adjusting screw in or out until a
slight drag is noted on the feeler gage.
5. Hold the adjusting screw and tighten the lock nut.
Check the gap, and reset it, if necessary.
6. Secure the governor cover to the governor housing
with three regular screws, one special screw and lock
Fig. 2 - Positioning No. 1 injector Rack Control
Fig. 1 - Adjusting Governor Cap