7. Manually hold the No. 1 injector rack in the full fuel
position and turn down the inner adjusting screw (Fig. 2)
Full Load Speed
of the No. 2 injector until the injector rack has moved
1200 to 1425 rpm
Up to .325"
into full fuel position and the inner adjusting screw is
1426 to 1825 rpm
Up to .325"
bottomed on the injector control tube. Turn the outer
adjusting screw down until it bottoms lightly on the
1826 to 2100 rpm
to get necessary
injector control tube. Then alternately tighten both the
inner and outer adjusting screws until tight.
8. Recheck the No. 1 injector rack to be sure that it has
remained snug on the ball end of the rack control lever
A split stop can only be used with a solid stop (Fig. 6).
while positioning the No. 2 injector rack. If the rack of
the No. 1 injector has become loose, back off slightly
4. Install the variable speed spring housing and recheck
the inner adjusting screw on No. 2 injector control lever.
the maximum no-load speed.
Tighten the outer adjusting screw.
5. If required, add shims to obtain the necessary
9. Position the remaining injector rack control levers as
outlined in Steps 7 and 8.
If the maximum no-load
Adjust /Maximum No-Load Speed
speed is raised or lowered more than
The maximum no-load speed on engines equipped with
50 rpm by the installation or removal
variable speed governors must not be less than 125 rpm
of the governor shims, the governor
or more than 150 rpm above the recommended full load
gap should be rechecked.
If readjustment of the governor gap is required, the
position of the injector racks must be rechecked.
load speed of the engine then, make the following
adjustments, if required:
1. Refer to Fig. 3 and disconnect the booster spring.
2. Remove the two bolts and withdraw the variable
speed spring housing and the variable speed spring
plunger from inside the spring housing.
Fig. 5 - Checking Injector Control Rack "Spring"
Fig. 6 - Location of Stops and Shims
3. Refer to Table 1 and Fig. 6 and determine the stop or
shim required for the desired full load speed.