10. Remove rotor drive line.
11. Remove clutch linkage.
12. Disconnect batteries and remove cables from
13. Loosen fan belts.
14. Remove power steering pump and lines as a unit by
removing pump mounting bracket from engine and
swing free from engine.
16. Disconnect neutral start switch wires on traction
17. Disconnect wires from ignition switch.
18. Label and remove or unclamp any wires that are
attached to engine or rotor transmission.
19. Remove the air box covers.
20. Attach a spreader bar with a suitable sling and
adequate chain hoist to the front and rear engine lifter
brackets. To prevent bending of the engine lifter
Fig. 6 - Lifting Engine with Spreader and Sling
brackets, the lifting device should be adjusted so the
22. Lift out engine-transmission assembly from vehicle.
Installation of the engine and rotor transmission is of the
21. Remove front and rear engine mounting bolts.
reverse procedure. The following is removal of sub
IMPORTANT: Do not lift an engine by the webs in the
air inlet opening of the cylinder block.
23. Locate the center lug of the overhaul stand adaptor
plate in the proper air box opening on the side of the
block opposite the blower. The center lug is located in
the number two opening of the engine.
The adaptor plate, used with the hydraulic engine
overhaul stand must be attached to the mounting plate
on the overhaul stand with six spacers and bolts (Fig.
5). Long spacers and bolts are used with four cylinder
engines. The spacers provide the necessary clearance
for the front balance weight cover and the flywheel
housing when the engine is tipped on its side and
24. Loosen the lock nuts on the two holding lugs on the
adaptor plate and lower the engine while guiding the
lugs into the air box openings.
Fig. 5 - Engine Mounted on Overhaul Stand