5-63. STEERING KNUCKLE REPLACEMENT (CONT).
Adhesive causes immediate bonding on
contact with eyes, skin, or clothing and also
gives off harmful vapors. Wear protective
goggles and use in well-ventilated area. If
adhesive gets in eyes, try to keep eyes open;
flush eyes with water for 15 minutes and
get immediate medical attention.
(1) Apply retaining compound to outside
surface of bushings (11); install bushings
flush to 0.01 in. (0.3 mm) recessed from
spindle side of bores.
(2) Install seals (10) tightly against
(3) If removed install spring pin (9).
(4) Install thrust washer (8), stop thrust
washer (7), and steering knuckle (6) in
(5) Lubricate and install king pin (4) in axle (5).
(6) Install two grease fittings (3) on king pin (4).
(7) Install screw (2) and locknut (1). Tighten
locknut 35 lb-ft (47 N-m).
Install steering cylinder if removed
END OF TASK