(6) Remove and discard upper and lower
(7) If necessary, remove and discard upper and
lower bushings (11).
Drycleaning solvent (P-D-680) is
TOXIC and flammable. Wear
protective goggles and gloves; use only
in a well-ventilated area; avoid contact
with skin, eyes, and clothes and do not
breathe vapors. Keep away from heat
of flame. Never smoke when using
solvent; the flash point for type I
drycleaning solvent is lOO°F (38°C)
and for type II is 140°F (60°C). Failure
to do so may result in injury or death
If personnel become dizzy while using
cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh
air and medical help. If solvent
contacts skin or clothes, flush with
cold water. If solvent contacts eyes,
immediately flush eyes with water and
get immediate medical attention.
(1) Clean all metal parts with drycleaning solvent.
(2) Check thrust washer and spring pin for wear or damage.
(3) Check machined surfaces for damage.
(4) Check threads for peeled or crossed condition.
(5) Replace damaged parts.