5-26. GEAR COVER REPLACEMENT.
This task covers:
TM or Para
Tool kit, general mechanic's: equipment
maintenance and repair
To remove access cover, perform steps
(1), (2), and (5) only.
(1) Remove screw (1) and belt guide (2).
(2) Remove 19 screws (3 and 4) and gear
cover (5) from gear housing (6).
(3) Remove and discard cover gasket (7).
(4) Remove and discard oil seal (8).
(5) If damaged, remove access cover (9) and ring
seal (10). Discard ring seal.
(1) Clean all gasket material from gear housing
and gear cover.
(2) Wipe off dirt and oil from access cover, belt
guide, and gear cover with clean cloth.
(3) Check all parts for cracks, excessive
wear, and other damage. Replace all parts