Drycleaning solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for type I
drycleaning solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for type II is 140°F (60°C). Failure to do so may result in
injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush
eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
(1) Clean gear housing using drycleaning solvent and a lint-free cloth.
(2) Check housing for cracks and excessive wear. If damage is found, remove timing pin assembly (para 5-27)
and replace gear housing.
(1) Install gear housing gasket (6) on cylinder block (7).
(2) Install gear housing (5) with seven screws (4 and 3). Tighten screws 216 lb-in (24 N·m).
(3) If removed, Install data plate (2) with two screws (1).
END OF TASK