(1) Wipe off dust and dirt from tappet cover with cloth.
Drycleaning solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for type I
drycleaning solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for type II is 140°F (60°C). Failure to do so may result in
injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush
eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
(2) Clean out opening in tappet cover and breather baffle with drycleaning solvent. Dry with lint-free cloth.
(3) Check breather baffle for burnout and cracks.
(4) Check tappet cover for cracks.
(5) Replace all parts failing inspection.
Ensure tag saying "front" on gasket is facing
opposite of tappet cover.
(1) Install gasket (6) on tappet cover (3).
(2) Install baffle breather (5) on tappet
Other two screws are installed with fuel
(3) Install tappet cover (3) and four
grommets (2) with four screws (1). Tighten
screws 216 lb-in (24 N·m).
END OF TASK