4-26. REAR AXLE SERVICE.
This task covers:
Tool kit, general mechanic's: automotive
TM or Para
Parking brake set.
Suitable container (capacity 5 gal. [19 liters)
General Safety Instructions
Gear oil is slippery. Clean up spilled oil
immediately or injury to personnel may result.
Spilled oil is slippery. Clean up spilled oil
immediately or injury to personnel may
Place suitable container with a 5 gallon
(19 liters) capacity under rear axle to catch
(1) Remove till plug (1) and drain plug (2) from
rear axle housing (3).
(2) Allow oil to drain completely from rear axle
(1) Clean plugs and around drain holes.
(2) Inspect all threads for crossed or peeled
(3) Replace damaged plugs.
(4) Dispose of drained fluids according to local regulations.