4. Remove the six (6) cap screws (use ½"
5. Lift the manifold off the motor end cap. The
three (3) ports are sealed with O-rings. The
two (2) ports adjacent to each other also have
back-up rings on top of the O-rings. These
back-up rings have a rectangular cross
section and are slightly cupped where they
mate with the O-rings.
6. Place the O-ring in the port with the full
counter bore. The O-rings and back-up rings
fit in the ports with machined grooves. The O-
rings should be installed first and then the
back-up rings with the cupped side toward the
7. Install manifold on end cap being certain the
O-rings and back-up rings remain in place.
Torque cap screws to 16-21 ft. lbs.
Charge Pump and Charge Check Valves
1. To remove the Charge Pump, loosen the four
(4) cap screws that form a rectangular pattern.
Do not remove the screws at the top and
bottom as these hold the segments of the
Protect exposed surfaces and cavities from
damage and foreign material.
2. Lift the Charge Pump off the pump end cap.
There is a spacer in the idler shaft bore that
can slip out as the pump is removed. Do not
allow it to fall into the main pump. There is a
gasket between the Charge Pump and end
cap that should be discarded.