Manual Displacement Control
The following procedure requires that steps
be taken to disable the machine in the event
the pump should go into stroke (raise drive
wheels off ground, etc.).
1. Remove the external control linkage from the
2. Install two 300 PSI gauges into the pressure
gauge ports on either side of the control (7/16-
12 str. thd O-ring).
3. Start the prime mover and operate at normal
4. Remove the protective cap.
spring housing locknut.
Turn the spring
housing adjustment CW or CCW until the two
gauges read the same pressure. This equal
pressure will be the "base" pressure.
5. Turn the spring housing adjustment CW until
one of the gauges begins to raise above the
Note the amount of
6. Keeping track of the amount of rotation, turn
the adjustment CCW until the other gauge
begins to raise above the "base" pressure.
7. Note the amount of rotation from the previous
adjustment position (amount turned CCW in
Step 6). Turn the adjustment CW by one-half
(½) that amount.
8. Holding the adjustment in place, tighten the
spring housing locknut to 60-100 ft. lbs.
9. If the pump consistently returns to neutral,
after cycling the control several times, the
neutral adjustment is complete.
10. If the pump does not consistently return to
neutral, stop the prime mover and refer to the
procedure on the following page.
11. Stop the prime mover, install protective cap,
remove the two (2) pressure gauges and
install the pressure port plugs. Torque to 10-
20 ft. lbs.
Install and adjust, if necessary, the external
directional control linkage.