NO FUEL OR INSUFFICIENT FUEL
8. Replace the gear and shaft assembly or the pump
1. The fuel tank should be filled above the level of the
fuel suction tube.
9. Check the condition of the fuel pump drive and
2. Perform a Fuel Flow Test and, if air is present,
blower drive and replace defective parts.
tighten loose connections and replace cracked lines.
10. Replace with larger tank-to-engine fuel lines.
3. Perform a Fuel Flow Test and, if air is present,
replace the fuel strainer gasket when changing the
11. Install a restricted fitting in the return line.
12. Make sure that the check valve is installed in the
4. Perform a Fuel Flow Test and, if air is present with
line correctly; the arrow should be on top of the valve
all fuel lines and connections assembled correctly,
assembly or pointing upward. Reposition the valve if
check for and replace faulty injectors.
necessary. If the valve is inoperative, replace it with a
new valve assembly.
5. Perform a Fuel Flow Test and replace the fuel
strainer and filter elements and the fuel lines, if
13. Check the engine fuel spill-back temperature. The
necessary, 6. Consult the Fuel Oil Specifications for the
return fuel temperature must be less than 150F (66 )
recommended grade of fuel.
or a loss in horsepower will occur. This condition may
be corrected by installing larger fuel lines or relocating
7. Perform a Fuel Flow Test and, if inadequate, clean
the fuel tank to a cooler position.
and inspect the valve seat assembly.