1. Check the compression pressure and, if only one
5. Replace the blower-to-block gasket.
cylinder has low compression. remove the cylinder
6. Replace the end plate gasket.
head and replace the head gaskets.
2. Inspect the piston and liner and replace damaged
7. Check the exhaust back pressure and repair or
replace the muffler if an obstruction is found.
3. Install new piston rings.
8. Check the exhaust back pressure and install larger
piping if it is determined that the piping is too small, too
long or has too many bends.
4. Clean and repair or replace the breather assembly.