4. Place the blower assembly into position against the
4. Position the end plate cover over the end plate dowel
cylinder block, being careful not to dislodge the blower
pins, then push the cover against the end plate. Install
the ten bolts and lock washers. Tighten the bolts to 13-
5. Install the eight blower to cylinder block bolts and
plain washers, and tighten the bolts to 55-60 Ib-ft (7581
Attach Accessories to Blower
Refer to Fig. 1 and attach the fuel pump, water pump,
6. Slide the blower drive shaft cover seal (37) into
blower drive shaft cover and governor weight housing
position against the blower drive gear hub support and
assembly to the blower as follows:
tighten the seal clamp.
1. Attach the fuel pump to the blower as outlined under
7. Install the blower drive shaft (38) by pushing the
plain end, without squared hole, of the shaft through the
blower drive coupling from the rear of the engine, then
2. Attach the water pump to the blower as outlined
into the blower drive gear hub. If necessary, rotate the
blower rotors slightly to align the splines of the drive
the former water pump drive coupling to the current
shaft with those in the gear hub (20). Then, install the
lock ring in the blower drive cam.
3. Attach the governor weight housing to drive housing
8. Install the flywheel housing small hole cover.
assembly to the blower as outlined under Install
9. Connect the water pump outlet packing flange to the
cylinder block. Also, tighten the seal clamp connecting
the water pump cover to the oil cooler housing.
4. Attach the blower drive shaft cover (33) to the blower
rear end plate cover (29) with cover seal (37) and seal
10. Place the blower air shutdown housing, together
with the striker plate gasket, striker plate (if used) and
screen and gasket assembly against the blower (with the
Attach Blower to Engine
screen side of gasket assembly toward the blower).
Secure them in place with bolts and lock washers.
Tighten the bolts to 16-20 lb-ft (22-27 Nm) torque.
the engine as follows:
11. Connect the control wire to the air shutdown valve
Before attaching the blower assembly to the engine,
shaft lever and attach the control wire clip under the
check the inside of the blower for any foreign material
head of the air inlet housing attaching bolt.
and revolve the rotors by hand to be sure they turn
12. Install the governor control housing assembly as
1. Affix a new blower to block gasket to the cylinder
variable speed governor.
block with Scotch Grip Rubber adhesive No. 1300, or
equivalent, to prevent the gasket from shifting when
13. Install the air cleaner air ducts.
placing the blower against the block.
14. Connect the fuel lines to the fuel pump.
2. Place a new drive shaft cover seal (37) and seal
clamp (114) over the end of the drive shaft cover (33).
15. Fill the cooling system with clean fresh water plus
rust inhibitor (or sufficient quantity of an ethylene glycol
3. Place the water pump outlet packing flange, flat face
base antifreeze) and check the system for leaks.
toward pump body, and slide a new packing ring over
the pump outlet. Then, place a new water pump cover
seal and clamp on top of the oil cooler housing outlet