greater than the corresponding width of the rotor cavity.
Install Service Rotor Front Stub Shaft
4. Drive the groove pin in until it drops into the rotor
1. Coat the new blower rotor front shaft with lubriplate,
5. Remove the plug from the inside of the rotor shaft by
2. Use a suitable press arrangement, align the rotor
driving it out of the shaft and into the rotor body.
shaft with its hole in the rotor and press the shaft into
the rotor to the height of the spacer (J 4254-8).
6. Clamp the rotor firmly in a vise with soft wood blocks
between the rotor and the vise jaws.
3. Drill and ream a new .250 " diameter, 2.500 " deep
pin hole in the rotor 120 " from the existing pin hole.
7. Insert the puller screw (J 4254-1) with the collets (J
4254-6) in the retracted position into the rotor shaft until
4. Drive the new groove pin into the new hole. The end
the collets are beyond the shoulder on the internal
of the pin must be .0625 " below the rotor surface.
surface of the shaft.
5. Install a new core plug.
8. Push the collets on to the larger diameter of the
puller screw as shown. Remove the collet expanding
6. Stake the pin and the core plug after installation and
sleeve (J 4254-5).
remove all raised burrs.
9. Coat the threads of the puller screw with an extreme
After the modified lower blower rotor assembly has been
used in the re-assembly of the blower up to the point
where the water pump intermediate drive coupling is to
10. Pull the puller screw outward by hand until the
be installed, install the new water pump intermediate
collets seat against the internal shoulder of the rotor
drive coupling in accordance with the following
shaft and maintain tension on the puller screw.
11. While holding the puller screw in this position, place
Attach Water Pump Intermediate Drive Coupling to
the following tool components, in the order named, over
the puller screw: puller sleeve (J 4254-2), puller sleeve
cap (J 4254-3), thrust bearing, 1/2" plain washer and
Install the splined end of the water pump
forcing nut (J 4254-4).
intermediate drive coupling into the lower blower rotor
front stub shaft.
12. Tighten the forcing nut until it is finger tight.
2. Insert the 5/16" bolt through the water pump coupling
13. Thread the forcing nut on the puller screw to
and thread it into the rotor shaft and plug assembly.
remove the shaft from the rotor.
3. Tighten the bolt to 15-19 lb-ft (20-26 Nm) torque.
14. Remove the rotor from the vise and shake the rotor
shaft plug and groove pin from the rotor cavity.