(2) Place slip yoke (2) in vise and slide four
grease seals (4) down onto universal
(3) Remove four clips (6) from flange yoke (7)
and slip yoke (2). Discard clips.
Be careful when removing bearing cups.
damaged or lost.
(4) Remove four bearing caps (8) from flange
yoke (7) and slip yoke (2).
(5) Remove flange yoke (7) and universal
(6) Remove seals (4) and grease fitting (9) from universal joint (5). Discard seals.
(7) Remove grease fitting (10) from slip yoke (2).
Drycleaning solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in a well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat of flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flash point for type I
drycleaning solvent is 100°F
and for type II is 140°F (60°C). Failure to do so may result in
injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush
eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
(1) Wash all metal parts in drycleaning solvent.