AIR SHUTDOWN HOUSING
1. Use a small punch to remove the pin from the air
The air shutdown housing, mounted on the side of the
shut-off valve shaft. Remove the washer from the shaft.
blower, serves as a mounting for the air cleaner or for
Remove and discard the seal ring from the housing.
air cleaner ducting. The air shutdown housing contains
an air shutdown valve that shuts off the air supply and
stops the engine whenever abnormal operating
2. Remove the pins that secure the air shut-off valve to
conditions require an emergency shut down
3. Note the position of the air shut-off valve spring and
the valve. Then withdraw the shaft from the housing to
Remove Air Shutdown Housing
release the valve and spring in the housing. Remove
and discard the seal ring from the housing.
1. Remove the air cleaner ducts.
4. Remove the bolt, lock washer and plain washer from
2. Disconnect the cable assembly from the air shut-off
the housing and remove the latch, latch spring and
cam pin handle.
3. Remove the bolts and washers that retain the
housing to the blower and remove the housing from the
blower. Remove the air shutdown housing gasket from
Clean all of the parts thoroughly, including the blower
screen, with fuel oil and dry them with compressed air.
Inspect the parts for wear or damage. The face of the
Disassemble Air Shutdown Housing
air shut-off valve must be perfectly flat to assure a tight
seal when it is in the shutdown position.
If necessary, the air shut-off valve assembly may be
disassembled after the air shutdown housing has been
removed from the blower.
Assemble Air Shutdown Assembly
Refer to Fig. 1 and disassemble the air shut-off valve
The holes for the cam pin handle and the retaining pins
assembly as follows:
must be drilled at the time a new service shaft or air
shut-off valve are assembled. Refer to Fig. 1 and
proceed as follows:
1. Place the valve and spring in position in the housing
and slip the shaft in place. The shaft must extend .760"
from the side of the housing where the shutdown latch is
assembled. Then install the pins which retain the valve
to the shaft.
2. Lubricate with engine oil and install a new seal ring at
each end of the shaft.
3. Install the cam and cam pin handle on the shaft.
4. Install a washer and retaining pin at the other end of
5. Assemble the spacer and spring on the latch. Then
slip the attaching bolt through the lock washer, plain
washer, latch and spacer. Attach the latch assembly to
the housing and tighten the bolt.
Fig. 1 Typical Current Cam and Latch Type Air
Shutdown Housing Details and Relative Location of
6. After assembly, check for .015 " to .040 " shaft end