The current blower
screen gasket consists of wire mesh
secured between two sheets of
gasket material. The former screen
was imbedded in one sheet of gasket
material and was installed with the
screen side toward the blower.
2. Refer to Fig. 2 and mount the air shutdown housing
together with the striker plate gasket and striker plate on
the blower with bolts and lock washers and tighten the
bolts to 16-20 lb-ft (22-27 Nm) torque.
NOTE: The 3/8 "-16 x 3-1/4" bolt and
the 3/8 "-16 x 2 " bolt must be
four 1-5/8" bolts are installed in the
four corner bosses of the housing.
3. Connect the cable assembly to the air shut-off cam
Fig. 2 - Air Shutdown Housing Mounting and Bolt
4. Start and run the engine at idle speed and no-load.
Trip the air shutdown. If the engine does not stop,
check it for air leakage between the valve and the
striker plate. If necessary, reposition the valve.
Install Air Shutdown Housing
5. Install the air cleaner or air cleaner ducts.
1. Place the blower screen and gasket assembly in
position with the screen side of the assembly toward the