(34-41 Nm) and the 1/2"-13 bolts to 80-90 lb-ft (108-122
3. Coat the lip of the oil seal lightly with cup grease.
6. Apply a light coating of engine oil to the vibration
4. Attach the cover to the cylinder block front end plate
with bolts and lock washers.
damper inner cone or the oil seal spacer and slide it into
place on the crankshaft.
7. Install the oil pan, using a new gasket.
5. Tighten the cover attaching bolts by following the
8. Refer to Lubricating Oil Specifications on Page 10-9-
tightening sequence indicated in Fig. 3. Follow this
sequence as the bolts are drawn up and then tightened
9 and refill the crankcase with oil to the proper level on
to their proper torque to effect a good seal between the
mating parts. Tighten the 3/8" -24 bolts to 25-30 lb-ft