SECTION 2 - MAINTENANCE
SUBSECTION 1 HOOD, ROTOR ASSEMBLY AND CHAIN END DRIVE
back and tie to machine. Again mark
HOOD REMOVAL FOR REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT
lines for correct replacement.
5. Remove the depth control bar caps. Remove
1. Locate machine in a suitable working area,
rotor lift bar cap. Reposition the hood lift bar cap as far
preferably on a firm level surface.
down as possible. Hydraulically raise the hood as far as
possible and hold. Rotor depth bars will fall thru slots in
2. Start engine and hydraulically collapse the
hood. Remove the rotor depth control bars at the pin
hydraulic ram, lowering the crane.
connection on the end drive case assembly.
3. Disconnect fluid line at hose coupling and
6. Place blocking forward and rearward below skis.
disconnect the hydraulic lines at the spray bar hydraulic
Blocks should be large enough to support hood above
ram. Mark lines for correct replacement.
the rotor. Lower hood slightly so blocking takes the
4. Disconnect the two hydraulic hoses from the
tailboard hydraulic ram.
7. Disconnect the hood lift bar from hood and
remove bar. Disconnect the two hood adjusting bolts at
the hood end. Disconnect the two hood arms from the
hood at the hood bracket pin connection.
Make certain all hydraulic ram ports
and hydraulic hose ends are plugged
8. Machine may now be driven away from hood.
or protected to keep out foreign
materials. Bring hydraulic line ends