(3) Install oil level hole plug (2) and tighten.
(4) Clean fill plug (1) making sure the breather hole is not clogged. Open using a wire if required.
(5) Install fill plug (1).
(6) Start engine and engage PTO (refer to TM 9-2320-273-10).
(8) Engage main clutch and operate the conveyor (sand and stone bins empty) and check for leaks.
(9) Disengage main clutch.
(11) Shut down engine and disengage PTO (refer to TM 9-2320-273-10).
(12) Remove oil level hole plug (2) and recheck oil level. Add as required.
3-13. Water System Strainer Service.
(2) Open draincock (5) and drain strainer into a suitable container.
(1) Turn T-handle (3) counterclockwise to loosen clamp (4) and then swing clamp to the side.
(2) Remove cap (1).
(3) Lift out strainer (2).
c. Clean and Inspect
(1) Clean strainer (2) with soap and water using a stiff bristle brush.
(2) If there is a calcium buildup on the strainer that cannot be removed by cleaning with soap and water, the
strainer should be soaked in a mixture of five parts water to one part acetic acid for one to two hours then
recleaned. If deposits cannot be removed, strainer must be replaced.
(3) Inspect strainer for enlarged holes, punctures or cracks. Replace if any are found.
(4) Slightly open water valve (6) and flush strainer housing.