2-10. Starting Up The Mixer.
The truck engine must be operating while you run the mixer. The fan should be locked up prior to
starting. Truck should be in neutral with the parking brake set. (See TM 9-2320-273-10).
a. Open Water System
(1) Open the side panels on the left side of the sand bin (fig. 2-13).
(2) Check to be sure all eight draincocks and the vents are closed (fig. 2-24).
(3) Open the water shutoff valve. (Turn it all the way counterclockwise) (fig.2-24).
b. Engage PTO. See TM 9-2320-273-10.
c. Bleed Water System.
(1) Open throttle control until tachometer reads 900-1000 rpm (fig. 2-25).
All instruction s in this book refers to the mixer tachometer. This tachometer measures hydraulic
pump speed. Do not confuse it with the tachograph in the cab.
(2) Open the washout hose valve. Spray water from the washout hose until it flows in a steady stream.
d. Adjust Pump Speed. (See fig.2-25.). Adjust throttle control until the tachometer reads 1620-1720 rpm.
(1) Open the washout hose valve.
(2) Turn the handle on the water relief valve until washout hose sprays water about 35 ft (10.68 m).