d. To load cement from a chute or auxiliary bin; remove the square hopper lid (fig. 2-20). Fill the bin.
f. Close hopper lid or put round cap back on. Close the latches Check to be sure the covers fit securely (fig. 2-20).
g. Close the air shutoff valve and the screen vibrator valve by turning them all the way clockwise (fig. 2-18)
2-7. Filling the Hi-Flow Admix Tank.
Always prepare admix solutions in a separate container. Never mix solutions in the tank. Never
put undiluted admix in the tanks.
For this procedure you will need a clean container calibrated in quarts. It must be large enough to
hold the amount of solution you are mixing.
a. Preparing Calcium Chloride Solution
(1) Weigh out the required number of pounds of dry calcium chloride.
(2) Put the calcium chloride in the clean container.
(3) Add water until the number of quarts of solution equals the number of pounds of calcium chloride.
(4) Example If you used 45 lbs (20 kg) of calcium chloride, add water until you have 45 qts (43 I1) of solution.
b. Diluting Liquid Admixtures for the Hi-Flow System.
(1) Check the mix design to see how much admix is required per bag of cement. Multiply by the number of
bags of cement you will be using.