c. ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTION. Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to the assembled from
component spare/repair parts are found in TM 5-3985-369-14. Items that make up the assembly are listed immediately
following the assembly item entry or reference is made to an applicable figure.
KITS. Line item entries for repair parts kits appear in a group in Section II (see table of contents).
e. INDEX NUMBERS Items which have the work BULK in the figure column will have an index number shown
in the item number column. This index number is a cross-reference between the National Stock Number/Part Number
ASSOCIATED PUBLICATIONS. The publications listed below pertain to the mixer, rotary tiller and its
Mixer, Rotary Tiller Maintenance Manual
Operator's, Organizational, Direct Support and General Support Maintenance Manual for Lead
Acid Storage Batteries
Operator/Unit Direct Support/General Support Maintenance Manual for Care, Maintenance,
Repair and Inspection of Pneumatic Tires and Inner Tubes
HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
When National Stock Number or Part Number is NOT Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the
item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and listings are
divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the item number noted on
(5) Fifth. Refer to the figure and Item Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.
When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National Stock
Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in the National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see paragraph
4a.(1)). The part numbers in the Part Number Index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see paragraph 4b.)
Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you are looking for, then
locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
Abbreviations used in this manual are listed in MIL-STD-12.