5-90. ROTOR DRIVE ASSEMBLY REPAIR (CONT).
Prussian Blue dye is poisonous and can
burn skin on contact. Over-exposure to
dye can cause heart and skin problems,
dizziness, and unconsciousness.
(16) Paint one-third of teeth on ring gear (1) with
Prussian Blue dye.
Shaft assembly weighs 250 Ibs (339 kg).
Attach suitable lifting device prior to installation to prevent possible injury to personnel.
(17) Attach suitable lifting device to axle assembly (27).
(18) While mechanic operates suitable lifting device, assistant guides axle assembly (27) in gear housing (21).
(19) Install gasket (28), gear cover (26). and
nuts (29) on gear housing (21).
To remove or add shims in step (20),
remove ring gear assembly (Disassembly
steps  through ). After shims are
removed or added, install ring gear
assembly (Assembly steps 
through  ).
(20) Turn axle assembly (27). There should be
slight drag while turning. Add or remove
shims as necessary.