5-90. ROTOR DRIVE ASSEMBLY REPAIR (CONT).
(24) Drive out remaining portion of 16 rivets and
separate ring gear (52) from hub (53).
(1) Scrape old gasket material from gear housing.
Drycleaning solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for type I
drycleaning solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for type II is 140°F (60°C). Failure to do so may result in
injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush
eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
(2) Clean all metal parts with drycleaning solvent.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes must not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only with effective
chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield, gloves, etc).
(3) Use clean lint-free cloth or compressed air to dry all metal parts except bearings.
(4) Allow bearings to air dry.
(5) Check all metal parts for breaks, cracks, and sharp edges.
(6) Check machined parts for nicks and burrs.
(7) Check bearings for loose rollers and cracked or broken races.