(5) Check sealing surfaces for nicks, burrs, or other damage.
(6) Check machined surfaces for damage.
(7) Check backplate, case, and faceplate for cracks or other damage.
(8) Check shafts for nicks, burrs, excessive wear, or scoring.
(9) Check sleeve bearings for scoring, galling, nicks, excessive wear, or any other damage.
(10) Check threads for peeled or crossed condition.
(11) Replace damaged parts.
Aline new or existing sleeve bearing
oil grooves with oil grooves in
If installing new sleeve bearings, do
replaced, go to step (2).
(1) Install and notch two bearing sleeves (45) to
depth of faceplate (33) oil grooves.
(3) Install two pipe plugs (44) in faceplate (33).
(4) Install poppet and guide (43) spring (42),
and poppet and guide (41) in faceplate (33).
(5) Install preformed packing (40) in plug
(6) Install plug cap (38) with three screws (39).
Tighten screws 35 lb-ft (47 N ·m).