Do not discard locknut unless damaged.
(4) Remove locknut (6) and piston (7) from
piston rod (5). Discard locknut.
(5) Remove and discard preformed packing (8)
from piston rod (5).
(6) Remove and discard wear ring (9) and crown
seal (10) from piston (7).
(7) Remove rod guide (11) from piston rod (5).
(8) Remove and discard preformed packing (12)
and back-up ring (13) from rod guide (11).
(9) Remove and discard back-up ring (14) and
preformed packing (15) from rod guide (11).
Drycleaning solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for type I
drycleaning solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for type II is 140°F (60°C). Failure to do so may result in
injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush
eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
(1) Clean all metal parts with drycleaning solvent.