When installing spool assemblies, be
careful not to scratch or damage spool or
bore. If damaged, entire valve assembly
must be replaced.
(7) Install spool (10) in valve body (4) through
(8) Push spool (10) toward rear of valve
body (4) until groove for front seal (11) is
exposed. Install front seal and ensure front
seal has seated without becoming twisted.
Do not push spool too far toward front
of valve body or damage to front seal
(9) Push spool (10) toward front of valve
body (4) until groove for rear seal (12) is
exposed. Install rear seal. Make certain it
has seated and without becoming twisted.
(10) Push spool (10) back toward rear of valve
body (4) with a twisting motion, until 1/4 in.
(6 mm) of spool shank remains exposed at
front of valve body.
(11) Install stop washer (9), centering spring (8), stop collar (7), lockwasher (6), and spring assembly screw (5).
Tighten screw to 98 lb-in (11 N·m).
(12) Install slop disc (3), snap ring (2) and rubber boot (1) on valve body (4).
(13) Repeat procedures (7) thru (12) for remaining two spool assemblies.
Follow-on maintenance: Install valve bank assembly (para 5-83).
END OF TASK