(12) Remove check plug (26), preformed
packing (27), and check poppet (28) from
valve body (4). Discard preformed packing.
Remove cap (29) and seal (30) from valve
If damaged, remove plug (31).
Drycleaning solvent (P-D-680) is
TOXIC and flammable. Wear
protective goggles and gloves; use only
in well-ventilated area; avoid contact
with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not
breathe vapors. Keep away from heat
or flame. Never smoke when using
solvent; the flashpoint for type I
drycleaning solvent is 100°F (38°C)
and for type II is 140°F (60°C). Failure
to do so may result in injury or death
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush
eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
(1) Clean all metal parts with drycleaning.
(2) Thoroughly clean seal grooves in valve body.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes must not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only with effective
chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shields, gloves, etc.).
(3) Use compressed air to dry valve body, spools, and fittings.
(4) Check spools for scratches or damage.
(5) Check bores for scratches or damage.
(6) Check valve body for cracks or damage.
(7) Check all threads for peeled or crossed condition.
(8) Replace damaged parts.
(9) Lubricate spools with hydraulic fluid prior to installation.