5-82. HYDRAULIC GEAR PUMP ASSEMBLY PUMP (CONT).
Adhesive-sealant causes immediate bonding on contact with eyes, skin, or clothing and also gives off
harmful vapors. Wear protective goggles and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive gets in eyes, try to
keep eyes open; flush eyes with water for 15 minutes and get immediate medical attention.
(6) Apply silicone adhesive-sealant to shaft seal (40).
Bottom of seals metal casing must face out from flange plate. Incorrect installation will result in
contamination of hydraulic fluid and damage to hydraulic components.
(7) Install shaft seal (40) and retaining ring (39).
(8) If removed, install four studs (37) in flange plate (38).
(9) Install two preformed packings (36) in pressure plate (32).
Pressure plate grooves must face gears.
(10) Install retaining ring (35), two preformed packings (33 and 34) and pressure plate (32).
(11) Apply grease to splined shaft of drive gear (31) and install in flange plate (38).
(12) Install idler gear (30) in flange plate (38).