5-76. STEERING CONTROL UNIT REPAIR (CONT).
Clean upper surface of housing by wiping
with palm of clean hand. Clean each flat
surface of meter section parts the same way
(13) Install seal (11) and spacer plate (10) on
control unit housing (4). Align bolt holes in
spacer plate with tapped holes in control
When installing drive in spool and sleeve,
make sure drive engages pin.
(14) Install drive (9) in control unit housing (4).
When installing meter, be careful not to
drop star, or damage may result.
Side of star with chamfer on inner splines
faces inside of control unit.
(15) Install seal (8) and star (6) in meter (7);
install assembled meter on control unit
It may be necessary to remove and install
meter a few times until holes line up and
star fits over drive.
(16) Align bolt holes in meter (7) with tapped
holes in control unit housing (4) while
fitting star (6) easily over drive (9).
(17) Install drive spacer (5) in star (6).