5-73. MASTER CYLINDER REPAIR (CONT).
Drycleaning solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in a well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat of flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flash point for type I
drycleaning solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for type II is 140°F (60°C). Failure to do so may result in
injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush
eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
(1) Clean all metal parts with drycleaning solvent.
(2) Check master cylinder for grooves, pitting, or scoring. Replace master cylinder if any of these
Honing of master cylinder is not permitted.
(3) Measure bore in housing. Bore range is 1.65 to 1.85 in. (41.91 - 46.99 mm). If not within range replace.
(4) Replace damage parts.
Lubricate seals with brake fluid before
(1) Install washer (24) and relief valve
assembly (25) in housing (2).
(2) Using relief valve tool, install gasket (23)
and plug (22) in housing (2).
(3) Install gasket (21) and plug (20) in