(1) Remove plug (1) and washer (2).
(2) Remove 40 screws (3), washers (4), oil pan
(5) and gasket (6) from engine block (7).
(3) If damaged, remove plug (8) and washer (9).
(4) Remove four screws (10 and 11), suction
tube (12), and gasket (13). Discard gasket.
(1) Scrape gasket material and sealant from
engine block and oil pan,
Drycleaning solvent (P-D-680) is
TOXIC and flammable. Wear
protective goggles and gloves; use only
in well-ventilated area; avoid contact
with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not
breathe vapors. Keep away from heat
or flame. Never smoke when using
solvent; the flashpoint for type I
drycleaning solvent is 100°F (38°C)
and for type II is 140°F (60°C). Failure
to do so may result in injury or death
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush
eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
(2) Clean suction tube and oil pan with drycleaning solvent.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes must not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only with effective
chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield, gloves, etc).
(3) Dry suction tube and oil pan with compressed air.
(4) Check oil pan for cracks, holes, and other damage.
(5) Check suction tube for clogged vents, holes, cracks, and other damage.
(6) Replace damaged parts.