(4) Measure rocker arm support shaft as
indicated. Normal diameter is 0.7456 to
0.7470 in. (18.938 - 18.975 mm). If above or
below normal measurement, replace rocker
.7456 to .7470 in.
(18.938 to 18.975 mm)
All six rocker arm assemblies are
assembled the same way.
(1) Loosely install two pushrod adjusting
screws (6) and nuts (5).
(2) Lubricate shafts of arm support (4) with
Intake rocker arm is shorter than exhaust
rocker arm. Compare rocker arms to
ensure proper installation.
(3) Install two rocker arms (3), washers (2), and
retaining rings (1).
Check and ensure that rocker arms are installed in correct locations. Damage will result to engine if
(4) If removed, install expansion plug (7) in arm support (4).