5-23. ROCKER ARM ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT.).
All six rocker arms are disassembled the
(1) Remove two retaining rings (l), washers (2),
and rocker arms (3) from arm support (4).
(2) Remove two nuts (5) and pushrod adjusting
(3) If damaged, remove expansion plug (7) from
arm support (4).
.7480 to .7500 in. (19 to 19.051 mm)
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes
must not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use
only with effective chip guarding and
personal protective equipment
(goggles/shield, gloves, etc).
(1) Clean all parts of rocker arm assembly in
strong detergent and hot water. Rinse in
clean hot water and use compressed air to
dry all parts.
(2) Check rocker arm for cracks, excessive wear,
and other damage. Replace all rocker arms
(3) Measure rocker arm bore as indicated. Normal measurement is 0.7480 to 0.7500 in. (19 - 19.051 mm). If
above or below normal measurement, replace rocker arm.