5-21. FLYWHEEL HOUSING REPAIR (CONT).
Drycleaning solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for type I
drycleaning solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for type II is 140°F (60°C). Failure to do so may result in
injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush
eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes must not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only with effective
chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield, gloves, etc).
(1) Clean all parts with drycleaning solvent and dry with compressed air.
(2) Check flywheel housing, plug, and rear cover for cracks and wear.
(3) Replace all parts failing inspection.
(1) Install access cover (7) and loop clamp (6)
on flywheel housing (3) with two screws (5).
(2) Install pipe plug (4).
(3) Install new preformed packing (2) and
Follow-on Maintenance: Install flywheel
END OF TASK