5-18. FLYWHEEL REPLACEMENT.
This task covers:
TM or Para
Tool kit, general mechanic's: equipment
maintenance and repair
Ring gear removed.
MOS62B, Construction equipment repairer (2)
(1) Remove hose (1) from bracket (2).
(2) Remove two screws (3), bracket (2), and
cover plate (4) from flywheel housing (5).
(3) Remove eight screws (6) from flywheel (7).
Use caution when removing flywheel.
Ensure that engine block is secured or
injury to personnel will result.
(4) Stand against housing to prevent
flywheel (7) from falling out.
(5) Alternately tap on flywheel (7) through
access hole and starter hole. Do this until
top part of flywheel is loosened.
(6) Hold top part of flywheel (7) place fingers through center hole, and remove flywheel (7) from flywheel