5-11. CYLINDER BLOCK REPAIR (CONT).
Adhesive causes immediate bonding on contact with eyes, skin, or clothing and also gives off harmful
vapors. Wear protective goggles and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive gets in eyes, try to keep eyes
open; flush eyes with water for 15 minutes and get immediate medical attention.
(1) Coat threads of three pipe plugs (11 and 12) with pipe thread sealing compound and install pipe plugs.
(2) If removed, install two dowel rings (10) in top of cylinder block (7).
(3) If removed, apply thin coat of retaining compound to lip of cup plugs (5,6,8, and 9).
(4) If removed, install eight cup plugs (8 and 9). Ensure plugs are even with countersink in block.
(5) If removed, install two cup plugs (5 and 6). Ensure plugs are even with countersink in block.