ENGINE VIBRATION DAMPER
(1) Remove drive belt (para 466).
(2) Remove vibration damper (para 515).
and inspect alignment marks.
(3) Measure distance between index
lines (1) marked on damper.
(a) If measurement is more than 1/16
in. (1.59 mm), replace damper
(b) If measurement is within limits,
indicates misaligned flywheel
(2) Remove flywheel (pare 5-16).
(3) Measure housing bore at position A.
Normal bore diameter is
between 17.625 to 17.630 in.
(a) If flywheel housing is not within
limits, replace flywheel housing
(b) If flywheel housing is within limits,
refer to fault symptom #6.