4-165. SPRAY BAR ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT).
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes must not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only with effective
chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield, gloves, etc).
(2) Use clean lint-free cloth or compressed air to dry all metal parts.
(3) Clean all gasket material from spray bar.
(4) Check spray bar for cracks, breaks, or other damage.
(5) Check shutoff bar for bends, cracks, or other damage.
Sealant causes immediate bonding on
contact with eyes, skin, or clothing and also
gives off harmful vapors. Wear protective
goggles and use in well-ventilated area. If
adhesive gets in eyes, try to keep eyes open;
flush eyes with water for 15 minutes and
get immediate medical attention.
(1) Apply hydraulic thread sealant to threads of
elbow (13) and install elbow (13) on spray
Apply small coating of silicone sealant
Apply thread sealant to threads of
screws. Do not overtighten screws.
(2) Install 21 gaskets (12) and spray valve
assemblies (11) on spray bar (8) with