4-115. FRONT WHEEL REPLACEMENT.
his task covers:
TM or Para
Tool kit, general mechanic's: automotive
Block rear wheels.
Apply parking brake.
Lifting jack (10,000 lb capacity)
General Safety Instructions
Do not work on vehicle while vehicle is
supported with lifts, or cranes. Use horses or
other form of support.
MOS62B, Construction equipment repairer (2)
All personnel must stand clear during
Removal and replacement of tire.
Failure to do so may result in injury or
death to personnel.
Do not place jack under any location
except specific jacking points.
Otherwise, vehicle may fall during
maintenance and cause injury or death
on front axle.
(2) Loosen six screws (1) alternately.
(3) Using a jack, lift front end of vehicle so that
wheel (2) is off ground. Support vehicle
with jack stand.
(4) Mechanic remove six bolts (1) in cross
pattern, while wheel (2) is being supported
(5) Remove wheel (2) from front axle (3).
(6) Repeat steps (1 through 5) for other wheel.