4-95. TWO-SPEED LINKAGE REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT).
(3) Remove locknut (8), screw (9), and cable end (10) from shifting shaft (11). Discard locknut.
(4) Loosen jamnut (12) and remove cable assembly (6) from mounting bracket (13).
(1) Remove clevis (1), jamnut (2), washer (3),
and jamnut (4) from cable (5).
(2) Remove cable end (6), jamnuts (7 and 8),
washer (9) and jamnut (10) from cable (5).
Drycleaning solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use only
in well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors. Keep away
from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for type I drycleaning solvent is
100°F (38°C) and for type II is 140°F (60°C). Failure to do so may result in injury or death to personnel.
(1) Clean all metal parts with drycleaning solvent.
(2) Check all nuts for crossed or peeled threads.